Why do we feel 1:1 is important for all students?
- Increase student engagement
- Increase differentiation for students
- Support our curriculum and instructional practices
- Provide students digital skills to make them college and career ready
How should I carry my device?
- In the case provided with the device
- In the flipped closed position
What if I break my device (broken screen or physical damage)?
- First break: $25
- Second break: $75
- Third break (and subsequent damages): Full cost of the device (approx. $400)
- If you fail to pay these fines (or setup a payment plan), you will become a “day user”. (This means that you will not be permitted to take the device home until fees are paid.)
- Intentional breaks will result in both damage fees and additional disciplinary action.
- If you contribute to breaking another student’s device, you will be held responsible for that break as well.
What if I leave my device at home?
- See Mr. Hancock for a single day loaner
- Multiple checkouts will result in a detention or loss of recess
What if my device quits working?
- This does not count as a damage. We will repair devices that malfunction.
- Report it to Mr. Hancock immediately.
How can I help protect my device?
- All K-2 students are issued cases. Keep it in the case.
- All 3-12 students are provided with a carrying bag for the chromebook.
- When not in use, chromebooks must be in the case.
- Bottom Line: Take care of your device and treat it well!
What if my charger is lost?
- Tell Mr. Hancock and you will need to purchase a new charger through the school. You may not purchase your own.
- Chromebooks chargers are $36.
- iPad chargers are $40.
- If you do not turn in your school-issued charger at the end of the school year, you will be charged this fee.
What if I lose my case?
- You are responsible for the replacement cost to be purchased through the school.
What if my computer is lost?
- Please report it immediately to Mr. Hancock. It is important that you report any missing devices ASAP so that we can assist you in locating your device. If you lose the device and it cannot be located, you will be responsible for the full cost of replacement.
Where can I have my device out?
- In the classroom
- Once you are safely at home
What if I don’t have internet at home?
- School building is open from 7-4.
- Free wifi is offered at many local places.
- Communicate consistently with your teacher.
- Google Docs are available offline.
As a parent, how can I help?
- Set limits for your child
- Communicate with your child’s teacher
- Monitor your child’s usage
- Provide and encourage a public space within your home for your child to work on their device